Landlords responsibility for gas safety
As a landlord, you are legally responsible for the safety of your tenants in relation to gas safety. By law you must:
- Repair and maintain all gas pipe work, flues, and appliances in safe working condition
- Ensure an annual gas safety check is carried out on all appliances and flue systems
- Keep a record of each safety check
You should also keep your tenants informed about their responsibilities while they are staying in your property.
For more detailed information on landlords responsibilities please refer to the attached PDF file below.
Landlords gas safety servicing
We carry out annual landlords safety checks, this involves
- A full service of all gas appliances in the property (please refer to servicing for details)
- The issue of a landlords gas safety certificate (cp12 form) with the condition of the appliances and installation.
- In the event of any unsafe situation being found during the inspection, you would be issued with a warning / advice certificate informing you of the issue/s that have been found. You would then need to have any remedial works carried out to bring the appliances or installation back up to a safe state for it to continue in service.
Please refer to the pricing and rates page for cost of landlord's gas safety servicing, and to the book online page to take advantage of our online booking service.
Alternatively to book any of these services contact the office on
Mob: 07968 387820
8:00 till 17:30